Girls II Women is a voluntary after-school program that offers two in-school meetings and one out-of-school event monthly during the school year.
Our in-school sessions include:
- Special guests – authors, politicians and other professional women
- Workshops for the girls in areas including health and nutrition, culture, careers, self-esteem and interpersonal skills.
- Book Club The girls are reading “The Black Rose” by Tananarive Due and have been quite inspired by the story. We are so grateful to Random House for donating the books and truly appreciate our partnership.
Out-of-school events include:
- Etiquette Luncheon @ The Ritz Carlton Palm Beach to start of the new year
- Theatrical Performances
- Disney’s The Lion King at the Ziff Ballet Opera House for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County (2012)
- Mary Poppins @ Kravis Center (2013)
- Take our Daughter to Work Day
- Biannual College Tour
- The girls had the opportunity to go to Atlanta to tour Georgia State, Spelman College, The King Center and the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and to be inspired by several of Atlanta’s professional women, who volunteered their time to talk with the girls. (2011)
- In March, the girls will have the opportunity to go to Boston and tour Harvard University, University of Massachusetts, Walk the Freedom Trail, and spend an afternoon at the Boston Museum of Science. (2013)
To see a complete list of our in-school and out of school events please click on the links below: